Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Natural Hair Cronicles: My Natural Hair Journey

Many of you may know that I have been natural for quite some time now. This month is actually the 2 year mark. I don't really know what made me do it. I guess I can be a bit impulsive at times. A lot of people were really shocked, especially since I cut my hair all the way off! I tried the whole transitioning thing, but it just wasn't working for me. It shed a lot and it was really hard to maintain. So I just cut it all off. Here's the video of the before and after...




Yeah!...That was my dramatic change. I honestly really liked it that short. I received a lot of compliments on it. I never thought I could pull it off. After a while I started getting bored with it so I decided to grow it out. My last hair cut was April 2012. This is what it looked in September 2012...



I HATED this stage! I was tempted to cut it everyday! This stage was extremely awkward for me. I ended up putting weave in it and wearing wigs to keep me from cutting it off. But, I stuck with it. I was really hard figuring out what worked for my hair. But after some trail and error, I found a routine and some products that seemed to work out for me (I explain all of that in a later post).




This journey has been stressful, fun, and exciting. I love looking at my progress. I'm still trying to grow it out. I don't think I'll every cut it again. But who knows what the future holds?



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...