Sunday, July 1, 2012

Denim Flower Ring Tutorial

Umm...I know what you're thinking. "Isn't this a crochet blog"? I know, I know. But I like to do other things too. Yesterday, I was invited to a barbeque and I wanted something cute to wear. I've been looking everywhere for a super cute jean vest, but I did NOT want to pay for it. I remembered that I saved a jean jacket from way back in high school (yes, I know I'm a pack rat o_O). I just simply cut off the sleeves and viola! I had a new vest. But I still had the sleeves left over and needed something to do with them. So this is what I came up with. Hope you like it!



Materials

Old pair of jeans or any scrap denim
Scissors
Needle and thread (any color is fine)
Circle template (use the smallest circle)
Pins
Glue gun
Ring bases

 Step 1: Cut off one of leg of the pants.
 
Step 2: Cut leg open at inner seam.

 
Step 3: Pin circle template to the fabric and cut out 6 circles.

 Step 4: Fold each circle in half twice.




 Step 5: Place each folded circle together with the corners going in the same direction.

 

Step 6: Stick the needle and thread through the corners only. Do this twice and tie ends together to secure. Cut off excess thread.



 This is what it should look like once it's sewn together.



 Step 7: Pull the circles apart to form a ball.


 Step 8 : Glue the ball to the ring base.
And that's it! Now you have a pretty flower ring.







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...